This Python regular expressions tutorial will help you understand what are regular expressions and symbols for writing regular expressions along with a demo on how to use these. Regular expressions are a set of characters that helps one identity strings of a specific pattern. The history of regular expressions came from a number of other languages. Now, let us get started and understand how to use the regular expressions along with a demo.
Below topics are explained in this Python regular expressions tutorial:
1. What are regular expressions? (00:15)
2. Symbols for writing regular expressions (01:41)
– $: Specifies that the match must occur at the end of the string
– : Matches one out all characters within the brackets
– [^..]: Matches anyone characters except those not in the brackets
– .: Represent ss single occurrence of any character except newline
– ?: The preceding character is optional
– ^: Specifies that the match must start at the beginning of the string
To learn more about Python Programming, subscribe to our YouTube channel:
To access the slides, click here:
Watch more videos on Python Training:
#pythontutorial #pythonregex #pythonprogrammingforbeginners #pythontraining #pythontutorialforbeginners #numpypythontutorial #pythonsimplilearn #simplilearn
Simplilearn’s Python Training Course is an all-inclusive program that will introduce you to the Python development language and expose you to the essentials of object-oriented programming, web development with Django and game development. Python has surpassed Java as the top language used to introduce U.S. students to programming and computer science. This course will give you hands-on development experience and prepare you for a career as a professional Python programmer.
What is this course about?
The All-in-One Python course enables you to become a professional Python programmer. Any aspiring programmer can learn Python from the basics and go on to master web development & game development in Python. Gain hands on experience creating a flappy bird game clone & website functionalities in Python.
What are the course objectives?
By the end of this online Python training course, you will be able to:
1. Internalize the concepts & constructs of Python
2. Learn to create your own Python programs
3. Master Python Django & advanced web development in Python
4. Master PyGame & game development in Python
5. Create a flappy bird game clone
The Python training course is recommended for:
1. Any aspiring programmer can take up this bundle to master Python
2. Any aspiring web developer or game developer can take up this bundle to meet their training needs
Learn more at:
For more information about Simplilearn courses, visit:
Get the Android app:
Get the iOS app: